- An Office Volunteer is responsible for providing support to the church office during the weekly scheduled hours of operation. This support comes in the form of welcoming guests, vendors and others, and working in conjunction with the Administrative Coordinator on specific projects. He/she projects a professional image through in-person and phone interaction and handles general clerical and project-based work from the welcome center.
- Administrative Coordinator
- Position is on a volunteer basis and hours are scheduled during office hours; 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tuesday -Friday each week.
- There is no salary for this position
- There are no benefits for this position
Description of duties
- Responsible for greeting and welcoming guests, vendors and others
- Responsible for maintaining and cleaning the Welcome Center
- Monitor the "email@example.com" email address and forward information as needed
- Assist in the printing and assembly of bulletins, programs, guest and new member packets as needed and scheduled by the Administrative Coordinator
- Assist ministries with copies, supplies and projects as needed and requested
- Monitor the "welcome center voicemail" for projects and needs
- This position is open to anyone willing and able to volunteer a few hours a week at the church. Must be a member of Rising Star. Some computer knowledge.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic office equipment; copies, faxes, multi-line telephone system, etc. skills
- Has a basic understanding of office organization and operations
- Possesses basic knowledge of church governmental structure
- Good communication and organization skills
- Good “people” skills
How to apply
- If you are interested in working as an office volunteer, send an email to Cynthia Carr-Person or call the church office at (520) 791-3068.